There are over 40 commercial outfitters running rafting trips on the Arkansas River. So why would you choose Journey Quest instead of one of the others? Here are a few very good reasons:
- Journey Quest is a Christ-Centered Wilderness Ministry: Each and every trip, whether it is a week-long combo trip, a full-day Royal Gorge adventure, or a 1/2 day family float trip has a much deeper purpose than just the adventure itself. Our guides seek to build a deep trust with their guests, directing the conversation to a meaningful spiritual conversation that will ultimately glorify Jesus Christ and proclaim the good news of the Gospel. We use intentional questions, thoughtful listening, relevant analogies, sharing from God’s Word, and allowing the Spirit of God to lead. Many of our guests have told us how their trip has brought them closer to Jesus Christ and encouraged them in their faith.
- Positive Role Model: Journey Quest selects guides based on their love for Jesus Christ, their heart to serve, and their passion for wilderness and youth ministry — these are qualities we can’t teach. Our guides love to serve you and make your trip the best it can possibly be. Many parents have shared how much their child or teen was positively impacted by their guide and how hard it is to find a young man or woman who is actively seeking Christ’s glory.
- Highly Trained and Professional Guides: Journey Quest invests much more individual time than most companies in guide-training. Our guides receive at least 100 hours of on-river training before guiding guests — that’s twice the state requirement followed by most outfitters. At a minimum, each of our guides is trained and certified in Whitewater Rescue Technician, First Aid and CPR. Many of them are certified at higher levels such as Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder, or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- Individual Attention: Journey Quest is a smaller outfitter and we are able to provide individual attention for you and your family. Most outfitters attempt to fill every boat with 6-8 guests as this is more profitable, even if this means splitting up families and groups. We prefer smaller crews and keeping families together. This allows better opportunity to get to know each guest, discern their needs, and minister to each and every person.
- Strategic Location: Our location at Texas Creek is an excellent launching point for many of our trips, meaning you’ll spend more time on the river and less time on a shuttle bus.
- Great Value & Straightforward Pricing: Our pricing is very competitive with other outfitters and wilderness ministries, and we charge only the exact River Access Fees and Public Land Use Fees. Many outfitters tack on additional fees, increasing your overall cost by another 5% or more. In addition, we offer great group rates for organized groups of 15 or more.